Staff Endocrinologist, Department of Pediatrics & Child Health, Children's Hospital of Winnipeg; Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba
Current Positions Held
* Assistant Dean (Academic), Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba
* Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba
* Consultant, Section of Pediatric Endocrinology
Training, Education & Background
* 1975 – MD, Queen’s University
* 1975-1978 – Pediatrics Training, Montreal and Ottawa
* 1978-1982 – Pediatric Endocrinology Training w/MRC Fellowship, Winnipeg
* Type 1 Diabetes – Screening and prevention in international multi-centre studies.
* Type 2 Diabetes – Numerous collaborative studies in screening, treatment and primary prevention; national and international consultation regarding all aspects of this disease.
* Interprofessional education for quality and safety of patient care.
* Innovative methods for transition from pediatric to adult care